Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Among Teams Calling Suns About Steve Nash before Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #44 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
i still don't agree with your point. a change of culture needs to come with a change of personnel. i've never seen a team of noteworthy poor defenders improve with a new coach at the helm.

regarding casey, he did wonders with dallas getting them to work in a strong system. i also think that people are giving both him too much credit and cuban not enough for changing the culture of that team. from top to bottom, they have strong defenders at every position. i think people are stuck on identifying that team with the soft mavericks of the past.
we don't have to agree.... for example... I don't think Dallas has strong defenders at every position but they do have key players that are very good. I do think Casey may be getting too much credit though, as Chandler has been a huge boost to them defensively too. The mavs did however play very physical and that is something the Raps have not done since the days of Oakley, Davis and Willis.

The difference here is that with how young our team is, we have guys that haven't learned to defend yet and others that still need to grow into their bodies to be more effective overall. This team is young.... Casey might be able to groom them.

Last edited by carp; 06-23-2011 at 10:57 AM.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote