Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Among Teams Calling Suns About Steve Nash before Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
baigs353
Playoffs Baby

Representing:
Default Raptors Among Teams Calling Suns About Steve Nash before Draft

Quote:
The rumor mill is spinning on the eve of the 2011 NBA Draft, and Steve Nash has been drawn into the thick of it all.

Lon Babby, the Phoenix Suns' President of Basketball Operations, told the Arizona Republic today that the Suns haven't talked about trading Nash and aren't interested in trading Nash, though that certainly won't prevent teams from inquiring about the availability of the 37-year-old two-time league MVP.And it would seem as though Nash isn't completely adverse to the possibility of playing outside the state of Arizona. In responding to the possibility of playing in Toronto for the Raptors, Nash said:

"I feel a loyalty to my team, our community in Phoenix. I want us to try to get back and try to compete for a championship like we did two seasons ago so that's kind of all I think about. So I don't plan on leaving but obviously if the opportunity were ever there, where Phoenix were rebuilding or whatever happens, Toronto would be an amazing place to play. It's a great city. It'd be at home in Canada. To be a part of their, hopefully, future success would be great but I don't really have any plans other than try to get our team back in the playoffs and contend for a championship."

Not exactly an unequivocal rejection of the notion, which leaves the door ajar just enough for the Raptors, owners of the No. 5 pick in tomorrow's NBA Draft, to sneak in and bring Nash back to his home and native land.
NBA Trade Rumors: Would Steve Nash Welcome a Trade to Toronto Raptors? | Bleacher Report
baigs353 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote