Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Official: Casey will be the Raps next head coach
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #112 (permalink)
Don Vito
raptor jesus

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
How much have you seen him play? How long have you known about him? He's 18yrs old, a project, too short to be an NBA Center at 6'7''- 6'8''. Sorry but i don't think we should take him at #5. If we were to trade for another pick around #8 then i wouldn't have a problem, but i wouldn't our ONE pick on him. And who has ever said he's the best defender in the draft?
Too short? Like Trane said, he has a 7'7'' wingspan. This guy has a motor that never stops, he does everything you can possibly want on the defensive end. With a guy like Casey coaching him it'll be great for his development as a defensive player. Height doesn't mean anything especially if you have a 7'7'' wingspan. If you think being 7 feet makes you automatically great then you are mistaken. Bismack would torch Bargnani in the paint. I have never seen Bargnani hustle defensively in his entire career, and Bismack is doing it at 18. Hating Bismack is nonsensical as he can be an incredible player in this league.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote