Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Project Centres
Thread: Project Centres
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I was just watching NBATV and they were talking about Bigs and they specifically said most preject Centers don't pan out. Now i don't know the numbers, but it just seems like there are a lot more Thabeets out there then there are Howard's. Which is why i'd rather draft a 1 or a 3 and get an experienced Center via trade or FA if at all possible. Does anyone really believe Alabi will ever pan out to be a good NBA player, a rotation player?
you will NEVER get a good centre in good health via trades, unless you trade a lot more in return, or they force a trade to your team (not going to happen in T.O.).

what you can do is take a flyer on a centre with an injury history and hope he'll turn out healthy. Which is also a crapshoot, just like the draft. JO was a monster defensively before the injuries, and he was a shadow after, Chandler had a ton of problems but recovered into a top defender. Camby at one time was the poster boy for injury-plagued centers and he's been in top health for years now.

I would welcome us signing oden to a short-term, high-dollar contract, it's a gamble I'm willing to take. But you'll see a majority of fans oppose such a move.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote