Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Pre draft workout dates announced
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN
saying Go Bucks, Raptors, 49ers, Reds and Blue Jackets!

Representing:

Nice little article on Lighty:

Toney compares Lighty to Bruce Bowen, Raja Bell or Tony Allen, all good defenders and solid role players.

?Dave?s a better shooter than Tony Allen,? he said.

Lighty, 23, is always smiling.

?David has a quiet cockiness about him,? Toney said. ?You have to stir him up. Norris is cockier. He has a high motor.

?David is a consummate team player. He?s an exceptional athlete and defender. He?s got great size, quick feet and he?s strong. He can guard the ?1,? ?2? and ?3.? He?s going to compete and play hard. He can make a shot on you. (Lighty and Cole) are going to play 10 to 12 years in the league.?

Lighty appeared in 157 games at Ohio State, the most in NCAA history. He averaged 12.1 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.3 assists as a senior.

Diebler, Lighty?s teammate at Ohio State, believes in the latter?s ability.

?The intangibles he can bring are something you can?t pass up,? he said. ?He can defend. He?s very explosive as an athlete. Each year at Ohio State, he improved his 3-point percentage. You can?t teach what he brings to the table. His ability to guard the ?1? through ?3,? and possibly some ?4? men, is going to be his ticket to the NBA.

?I think he?s going to surprise people with his offensive capabilities. He?s worked hard on his shot in the offseason. He?s improved every year. He?s a guy who is so athletic, he?s going to fit in well at the next level. I?m very happy for him. I?m confident a lot of teams will like him.?

ESPN draft analyst Jay Bilas said he?d take a chance on Lighty in the second round.

?He can guard,? he said. ?He?s got a good body. He knows how to play. He?s a guy that will come in and do the dirty work for you. He can guard multiple positions and is a good athlete, not great. He can make an open shot. He?ll come in and do no harm.?
RaptorsandBuckeye FaN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote