Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - espn bloggers make their picks at 5
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
EggsToTheBBQ
useless

Representing:

Who should the Jazz take with the No. 3 pick?

Patrick Hayes, Piston Powered.com: The Jazz have talented players under contract in the frontcourt in Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap, but unfortunately, both are undersized. Jonas Valanciunas makes them significantly bigger and, hopefully down the road. His hands and ability to catch and finish in the paint would be a nice complement next to Millsap or Jefferson.

Who should the Cavaliers take with the No. 4 pick?

Hayes Davenport, CelticsHub.com: Valanciunas. If Kanter's available, he goes here. But he's not, and Cleveland might actually be better off. Valanciunas is a unique combination of height, finesse and energy, and he's undercooked enough for the Cavs to mold him into a player that fits their needs. He's skinny, but I saw the "Captain America" trailer: We have the technology.

John Krolik, Cavs: The Blog: Valanciunas. I love Jonas' game. He has true center size, loves playing defense and hitting the glass, rolls to the basket and looks to finish, and knocks down free throws as well as any center at any level of basketball. I think this is a no-brainer pick for the Cavs if he's available.

Last edited by EggsToTheBBQ; 06-20-2011 at 07:40 PM.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote