Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - espn bloggers make their picks at 5
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #16 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Dutches View Post
NO way Valenciunas goes that early with his ridiculous buyout number attached to him.

I swear if BC pick him at 5th and we dont have another pick I'm gonna protest at the ACC.

And Biyombo at 5th?
One of the bloggers has Valanciunas going at 3 to Utah.

Two of them have Valanciunas going to Cleveland at 4. Including the blogger from Cleveland.

That makes 4/5 that have him going top 5.

He's a serious talent and his game is a great fit for the NBA. He doesn't need to learn to do things differently to be successful like some other picks - he just needs to get better at what he's already doing. He doesn't have any injury history to speak of, and has performed at a high level in competition routinely over the past couple of years. The national program he plays for has had a lot of success recently, and the style of play for the Lithuanian team seems (to me) to be more North American than most other European national teams. In a lot of ways there's less uncertainty around Valanciunas than Kanter, for example. If teams think his buyout can be resolved they'll pick him top 5. I would love to see Valanciunas picked by the Raptors, but I have a feeling he won't be there.

I think someone will fall to the Raptors, and they'll pick based on talent. If Utah goes with Knight/Walker I could see Kanter falling to the Raptors, which I'd also be happy with.

I agree about Biyombo, though. 5 is a big reach for him.

Last edited by EggsToTheBBQ; 06-20-2011 at 10:39 AM.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote