Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - espn bloggers make their picks at 5
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
EggsToTheBBQ
useless

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutches View Post
NO way Valenciunas goes that early with his ridiculous buyout number attached to him.

I swear if BC pick him at 5th and we dont have another pick I'm gonna protest at the ACC.

WALKER/KNIGHT or BUST!!!

And Biyombo at 5th?
One of the bloggers has Valanciunas going at 3 to Utah.

Two of them have Valanciunas going to Cleveland at 4. Including the blogger from Cleveland.

That makes 4/5 that have him going top 5.

He's a serious talent and his game is a great fit for the NBA. He doesn't need to learn to do things differently to be successful like some other picks - he just needs to get better at what he's already doing. He doesn't have any injury history to speak of, and has performed at a high level in competition routinely over the past couple of years. The national program he plays for has had a lot of success recently, and the style of play for the Lithuanian team seems (to me) to be more North American than most other European national teams. In a lot of ways there's less uncertainty around Valanciunas than Kanter, for example. If teams think his buyout can be resolved they'll pick him top 5. I would love to see Valanciunas picked by the Raptors, but I have a feeling he won't be there.

I think someone will fall to the Raptors, and they'll pick based on talent. If Utah goes with Knight/Walker I could see Kanter falling to the Raptors, which I'd also be happy with.

I agree about Biyombo, though. 5 is a big reach for him.

Last edited by EggsToTheBBQ; 06-20-2011 at 10:39 AM.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote