Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bill Simmons on why the NHL has the best post-game championship ceremony
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aar_Canada View Post
Very true. When the Mavs won it was like, really subdued and lame. Dirk took off. There's no alone time crying in sports! And with baseball, the vast majority of the elation takes place amidst alcohol and tarps in the dressing room.
Yeah, the celebration in Miami was kind bad, anticlamtic even. It didn't help that in was on the road in the lamest Basketball city. Hell the commentators were talking about the fans heading for the exits with just under 2 minutes left, which is absolutely pathetic. If that were in Dallas, big difference. I always found the hockey celebration kinda lame as well. But overall every sport celebrates the same in their respective sports year after year and when it's on the road (no matter the sport) it usually sucks. I will say that when you look at the 4 major sports, the Stanley cup celebration probably has the edge over the other sports, so i agree there.

On a side note, i remember watching as a kid and wanting to see someone fall on their ass while growling with the cup, has that ever happened? I don't remember ever seeing that happen. lol

Last edited by jeffb; 06-17-2011 at 05:21 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote