Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - espn bloggers make their picks at 5
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shack
the white Shack. true story

Representing:
Default ESPN dudes pick the top 5

Quote:
5. Who should the Raptors take with the No. 5 pick?

Jay Aych, The Painted Area: Toronto needs to bolster its front line, so I'll take Valanciunas here. Great rebounder and finisher. Not sure he's a perfect fit for the defensively challenged Raptors, due to suspect post defense. Valanciunas does alter some shots with his length, but needs to add weight. A case for Brandon Knight could be made since Toronto needs help at the PG spot.

Hayes Davenport, CelticsHub.com: Kemba Walker. The Raptors have plenty of amorphous superathletes like Brandon Knight; they're better off with Walker running the break, because he's just as likely to get the ball to a teammate as to finish himself. He's not a great defender, but nobody in this draft is going to stop the Raptors from three-peating as the league's worst defensive team.

Patrick Hayes, Piston Powered.com: The Raptors could use a lead guard to pair with DeMar DeRozan in the backcourt, and the options are Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight. Knight's shooting ability and youth should make him the pick, and perhaps Jose Calderon's presence on the roster can help him learn the finer points of taking care of and distributing the ball.

John Krolik, Cavs: The Blog: Bismack Biyombo. This would be considered a huge reach, but hear me out for a little bit. By all accounts, Biyombo is a special, special defensive talent, and could be one of the best defensive players in the NBA almost right out of the gate. The Raptors finished dead last in defensive efficiency last season, and Biyombo is a player whom a defense could be built around.

Michael McNamara, Hornets 247: In this scenario, Toronto has its choice of point guards and I think the pick here should be Knight. Toronto has enough quality young scorers on its roster; what the Raptors need is an athletic PG who can feed those guys in transition. Knight fits the bill.
Qiote diverse opinions. full article NBA Draft: Which players should first five teams in draft take? - ESPN
Shack is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote