Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rumour Mill : Raps trading for 8th pick
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Filth View Post
i've always liked rip, but i don't know how he'll react to being a bench player on a losing team. do we have enough TPE left to take his contract? if not, i could see a package of amir and Calderon working. i'd say walker/knight with either jan, biyombo, leonard or even tristan would be pretty exciting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
rip and #8 for tpe and barbosa works. starting to get a bit of wood about that possibiity... unfortunately there's pretty much no chance of something that good happening to us...
@Jackson

re: TPE

It depends on whether Colangelo used part of the Bosh TPE on Bayless, or whether he used a small TPE from another transaction (maybe he had one from the phoenix trade?)

The Bosh TPE was worth $14, 500 or $14, 600. But Bayless' required $2.2 million.

Rip's salary next year is 12, 600. If the Raps used part of the Bosh TPE on Bayless, and I think I read that B.C did that, then the TPE is NOT big enough to absorb Rip's salary. It falls just short.

@'trane

You cannot combine a TPE and a player's salary to trade for a single player. Yes, it seems like teams combine TPEs and players, but it's because they complete trades in stages, although the trades get reported at the same time. They are filed with the league in a different manner.

So, Barbosa + TPE does not work for Rip. The Raps could absorb salary and save Detroit money by doing something similar, though.

For example, the Raps could trade Calderon for Rip. Then use the TPE to absorb another ugly contract.

Rip + filler for Calderon + TPE + 8th pick = trade that works, filed in stages
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote