Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Mavs named honorary Ohioans
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #35 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Oh, I agree that "The Decision" was the worst mistake of his career thus far... and I'm fairly sure that he's said he regretted the way that he handled that...

.... but the people of CLE need to take a step back and realize that they were pretty much gifted a top 3 player for 7 years who consistently took them to the playoffs, won 60 games and even went to the Finals. You know how many cities would KILL to have that kind of success? Even short-term?

As much as I despise Vince for what HE did to us I can still recognize that he put our franchise on the map for a few years and generate more excitement than this team has enjoyed since.
But it wasn't just The Decision. It was his comments after about being from Akron and about taking names and shit..... the guy was a moron to not let it go and just go about his business. His arrogance was unfathomable. That shizz breeds hate.... He brought it upon himself. Even after the final he still was intent on making everyone know that he's still fighting the battle with his opposing fans. Why is that even coming into the discussion..... just ignore it. He just can't or refuses to.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote