Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Mavs named honorary Ohioans
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #34 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Originally Posted by carp View Post
They don't hate him for damaging the economy.... but if you don't think he handled leaving like a moron then you're clearly looking at the situation with blinders. It's ridiculous that he has refused to acknowledge that and his arrogance has left people from his home state bitter. He even bashed Cleveland on his way out. Eventually that hate will subside, and while alot of it is excessive, it's not without merit.
Oh, I agree that "The Decision" was the worst mistake of his career thus far... and I'm fairly sure that he's said he regretted the way that he handled that...

.... but the people of CLE need to take a step back and realize that they were pretty much gifted a top 3 player for 7 years who consistently took them to the playoffs, won 60 games and even went to the Finals. You know how many cities would KILL to have that kind of success? Even short-term?

As much as I despise Vince for what HE did to us I can still recognize that he put our franchise on the map for a few years and generate more excitement than this team has enjoyed since.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote