Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Erick Dampier And Other Miami Heat Players Party With Dallas Mavericks After NBA Fina
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
archie63
far away

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I respect what your saying Fancy. But I just don't feel like that Fancy, never did actually. My focus in sport has always been on the moment. I could give you a hard foul, hear the whistle, and then might help you up.

The ultimate athlete in my mind is an athlete that has a healthy outlook and CAN disassociate the game from real life. Hatred of the opponent is unhealthy and counterproductive to positive thought. I believe in intensity of effort and focus, not aggression and negative thought.

Some of you may not understand what I mean, it would be easier to talk about this in person. But I really believe this stuff. The best athletes in the world are able to separate success from failure very quickly and move on.

I dislike crossing the line during the game, in the arena, all that stuff. But afterwards, most of these guys are friends, I think it's ok.

I don't expect people to share my opinion at all, but I have it, and to be honest, I am very comfortable with it.
look at sports in the UK, expecially rugby. It's quite a must, after the game, go for a beer (or more) with the opponents; just an hour or so after they figth on the pitch. Something similar happen with football (soccer for you north american). And i find all this a very good habit
archie63 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote