Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Pippen says LBJ might be better than MJ
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I agree as well. I do think Dirk approaches Bird though, and I never thought I'd see that. Bird is still as far above Dirk mentally as MJ is over Lebron.

It was really interesting to me to see Lebron literally hit the wall when the pressure got to be too much. It makes me appreciate the ability to push through that. I've always thought that talent was over-rated. I've been saying it forever. And this series made it very clear. Having two top 5 guys doesn't necessarily translate into anything. There are a lot of equalizers that can stand in the way: the intangibles, the mental approach, the chemistry, and just being able to play in the moment. Lebron was not able to play in the moment as the best player in the game when it counted. He ended up having this impulse to throw the ball away that was remarkable. And Wade was not a top 5 player as much as he continued to fight. If they had more going on as a team that would have helped for sure, but that only goes to further show that it's not on talent alone. There is so much more in play and fans need to appreciate that more instead of equating superior talent with superior chances of winning.
They definitely need more time together before they take that final step. Making the finals alone was an accomplishment in itself. Not many teams assembled in 1 year could have done that. You need that chemistry though... that EXPERIENCE to win the big one. The Heat looked a lot like the Thunder in that sense.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key