Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Solomon Alabi
Thread: Solomon Alabi
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:
Raptors Solomon Alabi

Does anyone think this guy will ever contribute?

Quote:
Q: Howdy Doug. I was reading on a lesser blog/chat that the Raptors are unlikely to do any sort of trade involving Solomon Alabibecause they really like his defensive potential long-term, and that he was nursing some sort of leg injury last season that really held him back. I really want to believe because as you know, I dream of the day we can have a centre who rules the paint (and because Alabi seems like a great locker-room guy), but this view of Solo differs considerably from yours last season. Can you shed any light on the subject?

Mike D, Toronto

A: I’m not sure where you heard or read that but it runs quite counter to my reality. This coaching staff saw him as so raw they were afraid to let him scrimmage full out with teammates because his awkwardness created potential for freak injuries. Now, that said, he’s big and young and may very well develop but he is years and years and years away and I have no idea if a new staff will feel the same way.

Now, he was very popular in the locker room with his teammates but not in some “I’m an emerging leader” kind of way; more in a “Hey, Solo, don’t break anybody at practice today” kind of way.
http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Last edited by jeffb; 06-11-2011 at 10:44 AM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote