Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Charles Barkley and Dan La Batard bet on NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Chiggmo
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
+1

Yeah, they really don't deserve their team.

^jeffb

and +1 again lol, I'm starting more and more to hate ESPN. Really wish Marv, Steve, Reggie and the TNT crew worked the finals.

It's a shame the Barkley smily barely gets used on this forum.
I don't even mean for basketball, look at Tampa, they had a cup contender (at least finals contender) and they're building was better but still garbage for noise and enthusiasm. And look at the Pathers, not a great team but still worthy of some fans as they try to improve.

Turn to baseball, you have Tampa, they didn't get anyone in the building till the playoffs started, even when they were playing well and making their run, nobody really gave a shit. Florida marlins exact same situation, even when they won the world series it was never anything big there considering how other teams celebrate and such.

Finally you look at Football, now this is obviously the most popular sport in the the US, therefor they draw more and get a slight by more enthused but Jacksonville is on the verge of being relocated due to awful attendance and fan support, and Tampa is probably their most supported team in that entire state, but even still, nothing to brag about.

If only we could get winners, it would be electric, hell look how we cheer for losers and support them (of course I mean losing teams not players) Such a shame how the markets that actually care get shafted.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote