Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Charles Barkley and Dan La Batard bet on NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 06:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:
Smile Charles Barkley and Dan La Batard bet on NBA Finals

They were talking about this on PT on Thursday.

Quote:
DALLAS -- South Floridians might want to avoid going to South Beach for a few days after the NBA Finals for fear of burning a mental image into their brains that could scar them for life.
Miami Herald columnist and radio personality Dan Le Batard challenged Hall of Fame basketball player Charles Barkley to a disturbing bet. LeBatard interviewed Barkley, a personal friend, during his drive-time radio show on 790 The Ticket before Thursday’s Game 5 and civil discourse quickly dissolved.
Le Batard and Barkley agreed that if the Mavericks lose the Finals, Barkley will wear a Speedo on South Beach while being interviewed on the radio show. If the Heat loses, Le Batard will wear the Speedo.
Either way, beachgoers lose.
Barkley, who is a basketball analyst for TNT, has been critical of the Heat throughout the postseason. On Wednesday, Barkley said on a different radio show that he was rooting for the Mavericks to beat the Heat because the team annoys him. “Listen, if the Miami Heat were playing the Washington Generals, I would pick the Washington Generals,” Barkley said. “It’s something about that team that annoys me. They’re just a whiny bunch, and I can’t root for them.”
Barkley also has been critical of the Heat and its fans. He recently called South Floridians the worst fans of professional sports in the country.
“Yeah they have the worst fans,” Barkley said on the radio. “No question. It’s not even loud in there. You’re at the game and you are like, ‘Man this place isn’t even loud.’ At least when you go to Chicago, it’s loud in there. It’s crazy down in Dallas, but it’s not even loud in Miami.”
Barkley was greeted coldly by Heat fans during the Eastern Conference finals. Fans booed him on air and lobbed insults and a T-shirt at him. Barkley responded with a middle-finger salute, and TNT was forced to move its pregame show inside.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/06/1...#ixzz1OrmPaRx7
LINK: Miami Herald

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 06-10-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote