Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Is There A Player Out There Now That Would Put Us Over The Top?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Is There A Player Out There Now That Would Put Us Over The Top?

Doug answering questions from his mail bag and doesn't think there anyone out there right now that would help put us over the top. But possibly next year? Any possibilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith
Q: I know that the Raptors have no interest in paying the luxury tax, but I would like to know if you ever see them, if close enough to being a championship calibre team, going for it and going over the cap short term.
Hammond A, Toronto

A: Iíll ignore the fact you incorrectly used the team cap when you meant tax (argh!) and let you know this.

If there was one guy they felt would absolutely put them over the top in not only the East but the entire league, Iím sure Bryan would make a pitch to the board to creep into the tax and no one knows what reaction he would get. But, the simple fact is Ė and this is indisputable among the people who make the big decisions in the front office Ė that one guy does not exist right now. Maybe next summer he will. Now? They donít see him, and neither do I.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote