Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - AI eyeing a return to the NBA
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
It's a shame that he didn't stick with the Grizz..... can only imagine what he MIGHT have been able to do with that team in these playoffs.
Not really. Now that the Grizz have Tony Allen (all-nba defensive team) playing the SG, I don't think AI would have been a net gain. And, this season, OJ Mayo gave them the outside shooting they desperately needed from the bench (and need more of). I see no net gain. The combo of Tony and OJ gave them defense and offense.

Last year (2009-2010), yeah, it would have been very interesting to see AI stick with the Grizz. They didn't have Tony Allen, Sam Young was younger (no pun intended), and OJ Mayo was starting, so the Grizz had depth problems. If AI could have accepted his 6th man role in 2009-2010, he might have helped the Grizz make the playoffs that year. Back then, that would have been perceived as a huge accomplishment around the league. It would have been interesting to watch.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote