Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Pre draft workout dates announced
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
js12
#NorthernUprising

Next year...

Representing:

Looks like Kemba impressed the staff.

Quote:
“Most impressive today was his passing ability,” Kelly said.

“The situation called on him to be more of a scorer ... he was basically the first and second option they had on their team. I think he’s a versatile enough guard that he can do both, especially scoring the ball.

“I think he’s going to have the ball in his hand most of the time and I think he has the capability to be a true point guard.”

Despite that statement, Kelly added that the NBA game has gone away from what it once was.

Traditional, “true” point guards, floor generals who looked to set up their teammates the bulk of the time have been replaced by hybrid guards like Russell Westbrook and Derrick Rose who threaten to score 25-30 points on most nights.

“The definition of a point guard now is a little different (than it once was),” he said.

“I definitely see more points coming from the point guard spot than there used to be.

“The bigger the guard the better usually, but I think (Walker’s) got enough quickness, enough savvy, definitely enough basketball experience (to) get his shot off and still get the ball to the open man.”
Raptors think Walker's the real deal | Basketball | Sports | Toronto Sun
js12 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote