Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo: Outgoing interview with players had an impact on decision
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #36 (permalink)
bladeofBG
in a battle for Eeyore's soul! Save him! For the dark side hath cookies!

Representing:

^

Where's your proof that he didn't? Given all the constant doubletalk, constant excusing himself (and when he is declaring accountability, its absolutely empty; juss platitudes asking for a chance to do better), constant blaming of others while he still has his job, and constant bad & irrational moves, I'm never gonna trust a word that comes from Bryan's mouth.

As for this Raptors team:

SF: JJohnson, Weems, Kleiza
PF: AJohnson, EDavis, Dorsey-IR
C : Bargnani, Ajinca, Alabi-IR
PG: JCalderon, JBayless, JWright
SG: DeRozan, Barbosa, REvans-IR

-that rotation is perfect for Coach Triano's Flex as all players are multidimensional, thus we could've improved upon our already top-10 efficient offense, but Reggie hindered that by being in the rotation.
-with Demar's ability to create off the bounce, Jose's domination of the pick'n'roll, Andrea being a constant threat from everywhere no matter what type of game he was having, and everyone on those 1st 2 units ability to shoot & finish, we had all it took to score well in crunchtime - yet all too often we lost games based on effort.
-Jose was playing the best defense he's ever played, I displayed in my prev. post here that Andrea has had awsome defensive games vs. the best players/teams, and w/everyone's athleticism, energy and background (Demar @ USC, James @ WF, Amir w/Chauncey's Pistons, etc.), we had all it took to be much better defensively than we were. We also had enough depth for if players got in foul trouble and maintain our sets (obviously thwarted w/the nothingness that Reggie & Dorsey gave)....yet we never D'd up.
-Given Jose's role w/the Spanish National Team (that's always in contention for gold), and the character of the guys on the 1st two units, the tone was set for unselfish & playing for eachother -which they did, but given their skillsets, we could've meshed even better, but no effort took dominance instead. The only consistent thing about this 10-11 team was good (not great) offense (despite Reggie getting rotation burn), and inconsistency in every other area.

I've said before that I believe Bryan's on the take - collusion. I believe he had done his best to sell the idea of tanking (rationale being this team supposedly needs a high lotto pick) to MLSE, and they've 'played' along.

And when things get heated, someone else takes the fall. This time it's Coach Triano.
bladeofBG is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote