Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo: Outgoing interview with players had an impact on decision
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #27 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
I do believe that Triano is decent coach and is only partially to blame for the lack of defense.
I provided this view months ago, and the prime culprit is BC. He is a offense first type of manager and that's fine, but don't go off and blame the coach for lack of defense. Triano should of benched Bargs and others thru the season, but I truly believe Triano whould of just be fired sooner.
BC is clearly covering his ass ... he is the problem with the lack of defense. This can change, but he will need to change first. Cultural transformation starts from the top. If he doesn't, it will just be another coach getting fired for a different reason. Eventully it will be him if we dont' put a winning team on the coach in 2 years.
After 3 seasons Jay had to go. No team had been the worst defensive team in the NBA 2 straight seasons since the 90's I believe. Is he fully to blame, absolutely not. But after 3 seasons of horrid defense it was a good move to try and bring in a defensive minded coach who'll hold players accountable instead of having our young players continuing to look lost on D and having bad habits. When you have a young team you better have a HC with experience that can teach them better habbits in this stage of their development. Not only that, in 16yrs we've only ever had one experienced HC, and that seriously has to change.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote