Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Leonard likens himself to Worthy
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
He couldn't get minutes in Chicago because of Luol Deng. Its like if Vince Carter was in Toronto and we drafted DeRozan.. I'm pretty sure DeRozan wouldn't get any minutes either. If you think Leonard would get minutes playing behind Deng then you are delusional, not many players would in that situation.

You are in love with bringing up the D-League argument. Do you even know why he was sent to D-League? They were going to trade him and they wanted to get him in game shape. Just like Davis was sent into D-League to get into game shape. He was there for like a week and shipped to the Raptors. It is nonsensical to keep him on the bench if he is going to get traded.

Because of Luol Deng? Deng play 39mpg this season, do you honestly think that if they had any confidence in Johnson that Deng would have averaged nearly 40mpg this past season? And do you think that the previous season he would have played in more then 13 games? Don't get me wrong i like Johnson, but to say we shouldn't get a SF b/c of him is nuts at this point considering he's going into his fourth season and he's yet to prove himself good enough to start on a good team. And to compare Davis injury rehab stint to Johnson's stint for being out of shape is assinine.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote