Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Official: Triano's option will not be exercised
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #69 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
Best decision BC has made of late...we need a stronger voice as coach. Jay is a great guy and knows the game but he couldn't get consistent effort out of his players...and could get no defensive effort at all. Let's hope it's an established coach..not another rookie.
my sentiment as well - triano is a really good technician and had a decent record with the young guys, but he really lacks in motivational skills.

he did ok with the talent he had, but I don't think anybody think he overachieved or anything like that.

that being said, I think Colangelo will discover soon that a coach with a pedigree will be hard to entice to come here and we'll have to take a back seat to all the other teams looking for coaches. Until Indiana and GSW make their choices, nobody (with options) will come here imo.

I also hope that this is not a signal that colangelo wants to win now, he'd better understand that we need at least one more high quality draft pick before we can start thinking winning.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote