Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Kawhi Leonard Moving Up in Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 01:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyFro View Post
leonard intrigued me until he tested with a 32 inch vert, maybe chalk it up to being cold.
seems to have kind of an ugly j, doubt he'll ever be mastering fadeaways but can he get a three?

whats intriguing is his arm length and all around size for his age(nba body already). Could he be that marion type SF that helps compensate for bargnani, very possible but i'm not convinced he's worth being 5th, not with an ugly jumper and an 32 inch vert. I do think his ceiling is higher than james johnson(in the nba 2-3 years younger) so if we do end up taking him i wouldn't be too pissed
I think the guys commenting on the combine alluded to Durant having a terrible vertical when he tested when they saw Leonard not doing so well there. It's something to look at more closely, but none of those results should be more important than what he shows on the court. Just a red flag - which is what you're saying more or less.

I would worry about him being picked to help compensate for BArgnani. I'm tired of seeing a rebuild that tries to work around a poor foundation. I would hope it would be a pick that shows a commitment to defense over offense as the basis of laying that foundation.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote