Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisholm: Raptors need to evaluate coaching options
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
poetics
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPMAN View Post
I just don't understand why BC wants to rehire Triano. Just trying to find some logic or benefits in keeping Jay. With better options out there and teams locking up some good coaches already, even Indiana possibly not retaining their head coach who had a winning record, why do we keep a coach who can't teach defense.
The players seemed to have positive things to say about him. I don't know, we all don't know entirely if the Rap's defensive deficiencies were due to the fact that we don't have adequate defensive stoppers, or because of Jay/coaching staff to get it out of them. The thing with Jay is - he doesn't have a proven track record. Yet to his credit he also doesn't have a proper team to rightly judge his entire body of work so far (in T.O) as a success or failure. Lets remember that Jay was called upon by the US national team to be part of the staff for the Olympics. That speaks volumes to me. The US is not short of BBall coaches. I'm not entirely sold on Jay as our HC either, but if the raps somehow land a Pass 1st PG, a real C and possibly a vet or two, I would give him the opportunity to take on a another 1 or 2 yrs.
poetics is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote