Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo looking for his replacement?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Representing:
Raptors Colangelo looking for his replacement?

BC- President
Pritchard- GM

????

Quote:
The only catch, and it’s a doozy, is that experience is required — serious experience. While Bryan Colangelo, the Toronto president and general manager, said the title and role of his new hire is yet to be determined, he acknowledged the ongoing reorganization of his front office could even involve bestowing his GM title on someone else.

“I’m thinking about bringing in a high-level basketball person to strengthen our management team,” Colangelo said. “If I brought someone in and a GM title was part of it, it would be a fairly high-calibre person, probably someone with GM credentials already to their name. It’s all in development right now ... I could bring in one, I could bring in several new people.”

Quote:
Colangelo was speaking on Thursday after CBSSports.com reported that the Raptors were seeking a replacement for Maurizio Gherardini, the vice president of basketball operations whose contract expires June 30. Colangelo disputed the report, saying that while he has yet to address Gherardini’s future — “I’d like to have (Gherardini) back,” he said — the search for new blood isn’t a push to fill a soon-to-be-empty office.
Colangelo seeking to bolster Raptors? front office - thestar.com

Last edited by jeffb; 05-26-2011 at 11:37 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote