Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What is Doug Smith smoking?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default What is Doug Smith smoking?

You've got to be kidding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith
Q: This is not your typical "get Sam Dalembert" demand to BC... consider it an honest question. Why don't you think he would be a good fit here? He averages a double-double and protects the basket (2.5 blocks). And at 73% from the line he is not a Ben Wallace liability at the end of games. Is it because of his salary? ($10 mill IS quite a bit). Or is it a lack of potential?

Ed C, Toronto

Doug: Money has almost everything to do with it, heís got a huge ticket. And heís good, no question, but heís on a bad team and you shouldnít get fooled by guys who put up big numbers on bad teams. Does he start over Bargnani here? Are they ready to give up on the kid yet? Nope. Does that mean Dalembertís a backup here? Probably. And thatís waaaaaaay too much money over too many years to pay a backup.
I don't know why I'm getting worked up because it likely won't happen because of his contract which Doug alluded too, but come'on .... Dalembert backing up Bargnani? LMAO

He's playing on a bad team yes, but a bad team that's playing competitive basketball and not just rolling over and giving up like some bad teams. :mad:

Link - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote