Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Cheap Seats: The Raptors need an infusion of veterans
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

this part from the jack armstrong article acie posted in the Bargnani thread is spot-on as well:

Quote:
5. Game 4 Bulls @ Miami:

I'm watching the game and continually asking myself: How do the Toronto Raptors get to the point as an organization where they can compete on an incredibly competitive stage/environment like this in the future? The defence, passion, detail and overall focus/intensity of this game were off the charts at times.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like some of the young pieces that the Raptors have and with cap space and the fifth pick they should add a few more solid pieces and improve. Beyond talent though, what I witnessed from the Heat and Bulls, was a mentality and approach that the Raps need to improve dramatically if they want to make those difficult yet critical next steps. The bigger games and bigger stage demand a mind-set and level of grit/toughness that this team needs to expand. It's good to see what your successful competition is doing-- it gives you a standard to shoot for.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote