Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo on with Sid & Tim at 4:30pm
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:

Boy i really get the impression Jay is on the bubble...

I also get the feeling he wants a PG out of this draft.

BTW, Walker.....a combo guard?

Here's a recap courtesy of a poster at realGM:

Quote:
Because I'm a damn writer, I wanted to go up against Rhett on transcribing. And got my ass kicked. Here was my take.

how good is italian?
BC not very good. Married to Italian, only gets a word in by speaking English.
Feschuk's take not totally off-base, but a little inaccurate.
Taken out of context. It was an overstatement, let's not sensationalize.
Kid was upset. Did not want to hurt anybody, especially not people/fans of Toronto.

You can understand this blowing up?

Only if there was something real. The kid's statement clarifies it all. Appreciated BC's comments. Not yet an elite player. Needs to work on some things. Italian media portrayed BC as blasting AB, but that's not how it happened.

You put this team into a position of financial flexibility.

Whether we have 7 mill or 17 mill of cap space, we will be well positioned once the new rules come out. Will play out in the ability to sign free agents, or acquire players into cap space. A good position to be in for us.
Can't talk about CBA "transition"

Draft

We like where we are at 5. SOunds funny coming down from 3. Less cap charge, more flexibility, but equal or possibly better talent. One of three PGs will be on board, if that's what we choose to address. Val, Kanter, we're going to interview and work-out on June 5,6. Not a big body of work to work with. High riser BB. Good solid minutes in Spain. 3-4s in Vesely and Williams. Sleeper picks Leonard. Really intense player - Ron Artest-type. Quiet intensity. Rebounds well. Impressed with Tristan Thompson, great interview. Probably a duplication with Ed. Will pick a combination of talent and need.

Knock on Walker is size

Impressed with Walker for a number of reasons. Guard driven league. Not a big strong guard, but can defend with quickness like Aaron Brooks. We have tough time dealing with waterbug guards. Put his team on his back. Difficult to take it to the NBA level, but he has the talent level. Time will tell if he's a starting PG or a combo. But he has the talent to play.

How much stock do you put in body of work?

It's helpful. Guys that we get the best read on we've been following for a while.Watch them in the showcase games but also the practices leading up to the games. Like Amare Stoudamire, didn't watch the HS games. Kemba, we've seen for a while and we know he's gonna be a winner.

Is Jay coach next year.

Haven't had a chance to deal with issue. We've had a chance to share some moments. Jay has done a great job. He's done everything we've asked him to do, developing young players. DD, Ed, Amir putting up career numbers. But need to talk about why are we not defending better, or moving the ball and getting higher percentage shots. We need to have those conversations in earnest. Will know in the next few weeks if that's the direction we're going.

Restlessness on BC's part?

I want to win in the worst way. We took a step back talentwise this year, my responsibility. Could argue that talent was here this year, but didn't have experience. I'm restless when we're not winning. I'm restless when we're winning. Now that my contract is resolved, I can sit down in earnest to determine management structures.

Last edited by jeffb; 05-25-2011 at 05:31 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote