Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sun: If Gay is available, expect the Raps to get involved
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Colangelo could have acquired Gay in 2006 when the Raptors won the lottery and elected to use the first overall pick on Andrea Bargnani in a draft class many believed lacked a franchise player.

If anything, history has shown that Colangelo eventually gets his man and will do whatever it takes.

Perhaps the price may end up involving Bargnani, Toronto’s own trade exception obtained in the Chris Bosh sign-and-trade with the Heat, the No. 5 draft pick or any combination of assets for Gay.

What must be made clear is that if Gay is indeed available, then expect the Raptors to be involved.

Imagine a remade Raptors team with Gay as the primary scoring option, DeMar DeRozan entering his third year, an emerging Ed Davis and the prospect of acquiring via free agency a legitimate rebounding centre.

It will certainly take more than the TPE/#5 as according to reports the Grizz turned down Cleveland's offer of their TPE/#4 for Gay. I would think they would want DD as they stated that they wanted a quality player in return and the Grizz are set at the C and PF spots so why would they want Bargs or Davis? That doesn't make sense to me and Davis would be a back-up but that is a possibilty.

The Grizz showed in the playoffs they need a player to replace Gay as they need another scorer, to me, from the Raps roster and where we are drafting, that would be DD. DD/TPE/#5 is too much for Gay. I don't know another combination that would be palatable to either team.

Who know's with BC though, he can be creative......
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote