Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Miami vs Dallas V2.0 looming?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

I like both teams, and would expect a pretty amazing series that will bring a ton of drama. There will be a ton of guys that haven't quite won a ring trying to do so. In that situation I always enjoy either outcome - finally pushing through to victory, or the bittersweet angst of not quite getting there.

As much as I would have loved to have seen Stockton and Malone win one, I always find some weird pleasure in how they always came up short. Maybe I'm sadistic, but there is just so much that resonates in the anguish. The winners are easy to forget in a sense. They always seem to have just the right set of circumstances to make any hurdles seem fairly insignificant. The guys on the losing end often try to go right through the hurdles only to be done in by them eventually. They bring in the fully human part of the equation and stay in my heart for a long time. I'm not sure if that comes into play so much if Lebron loses, unless he somehow is allowed to become fully human.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote