Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rafer Alston coaching high school team
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:
Default Rafer Alston coaching high school team

Quote:
HOUSTON - Chistian Life Center Academy in Humble has hired former Houston Rockets guard Rafer Alston to be the school's head basketball coach and athletics director.

Alston played eleven years in the NBA, including four seasons with the Rockets.

He last played with the Miami Heat during the 2009-10 season.

"We've hired Rafer to be our head basketball coach and athletics director," said Pastor Richard Rodriguez, senior pastor and top administrator at Christian Life Center Academy.

"We are going to present him to our students at our graduation ceremony on the 27th."

"Rafer, because of his experience and talent, and because he has been where our student athletes want to go, are some of the reasons why we hired him."

Alston told FOX 26 Sports he coaches AAU teams every summer, but he knows this is a whole different ballgame.

"I'm excited and it's going to be a lot of fun," Alston said. "It's a chance to work with a lot of kids who have seen me play and they can benefit from my experience at many different levels of basketball.

"This school is one of the best in the nation and it's going to be a challenge and I'm looking forward to it."
Christian Life Center Academy Hires Rafer Alston
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote