Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Koreen: Will Triano be back?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #56 (permalink)
moujik
threat inside

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
jeff, you keep mentioning Lawrence Frank as a replacement for Triano. I'm curious as to why you think he'd be good here?

Is it that the Nets went to the Finals twice under Scott and pretty much got progressively worse every year after Frank took over?

Is it his questionable rotations, lack of in-game adjustments, or the fact that he changed the offensive scheme three times in the five full years he was in New Jersey? As you know, all of the good coaches have their systems and stick to them - Jackson (Triangle), Sloan (pick and roll), D'Antoni (run and gun), etc.

Is it his late game execution? You know, where he just would run ISO's for Carter?

Is it the way he was criticized near the end of his tenure for not being able to effectively communicate with a young roster? Good thing we don't have a lot of young guys.
I don't rate Frank at all. A coach who laughs and claps at the opponents missed FTs. He was no match to Thibideaux at Cs even after having been a head coach.
I agree though on everything else with jeffb.
You watch TO, and say it's horrible! Where's the D? Why is JT re-entering a player when the current unit is making a run? Why can't he say anything to Bargs (Bosh prior)?
Then you watch JT talk about the plans and needs, and you think, oh, yeah! That's the right thing! That's what we need! That's the right direction!
But then, nothing holds true again!
JT should carry on as an assistant. He doesn't see trying hard and winning as an important part of development of young players. He might be a decent coach, but he's not a game coach.
Was it Jazz representative at combine who said that you don't learn anything by losing?
moujik is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote