Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #1015 (permalink)
10DeRozan10
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
If we play him at the two then the question is who will play the point? If Ellis is going to dominate the ball then I really don't know who would play the point. You can pretty much factor out Bayless because it'll be the same situation in Golden State. If we keep Jose then how would it work? Jose always wants the ball too so I'm not exactly sure how it'll work out. If there is a way for Ellis to dominate the ball and play the 2 spot then it wouldn't be too bad, the question is how would it work.
Good question, although I wouldn't have Jose there, as that would make our perimeter defense beyond atrocious.

It would have to be someone who can shoot the three, defend well and distribute well. Maybe someone like Brandon Knight, although his distributing skills are suspect.

That's the problem with Ellis. He's not a point guard, but it's hard to find one that would maximize his talents. If our interior defense was good enough, we could maybe get away with having Jose there, although his 3-point shooting has declined over the years.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote