Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #1013 (permalink)
Don Vito
raptor jesus

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeRozan10 View Post
Fair enough.

Although, I think looking for a Small Forward with 20ppg potential would benefit us to a greater extent.

Next years crop of Small Forwards is outstanding to say the least. Miller, McAdoo, Barnes, Gilchrist (my personal favourite), Nash. It really is the crop of Small Forwards.

Personally, I support the pick of Val or Bismack. Good young big men, are very scarse in today's NBA, and I believe Bismack can be a defensive force. I also believe that Jonas can be a very good two-way center. I look at his free-throw shooting, and I think that the potential for a very sound mid-range game is there. Couple that with his height and length, and what appears to be a body that will fill out very nicely and I think you've got a recipe for a Marc Gasol like center.

I understand what you're saying though. You're saying that Ellis wouldn't be a point guard per se, but rather would play there in order to give us scoring. My question would be, why wouldn't we just play him at the two where, in my opinion, he'd be much more effective, and would still give us that scoring punch that we'd need.
If we play him at the two then the question is who will play the point? If Ellis is going to dominate the ball then I really don't know who would play the point. You can pretty much factor out Bayless because it'll be the same situation in Golden State. If we keep Jose then how would it work? Jose always wants the ball too so I'm not exactly sure how it'll work out. If there is a way for Ellis to dominate the ball and play the 2 spot then it wouldn't be too bad, the question is how would it work.
Don Vito is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote