Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official RF Trade Proposal Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #1012 (permalink)
10DeRozan10
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
If we draft Bismack Biyombo (who gets compared to Ben Wallace), we would need a primary scoring PG. If we trade Bargnani which might happen then we would be missing alot of offense, because right now our offense runs through Bargnani. It would be too much to ask for DeRozan to score everything, even if we had Steve Nash at the point it wouldn't get us anywhere. The main need for this team is a primary scorer, and for that player to run the point isn't far-fetched, I'd like to see it happen.
Fair enough.

Although, I think looking for a Small Forward with 20ppg potential would benefit us to a greater extent.

Next years crop of Small Forwards is outstanding to say the least. Miller, McAdoo, Barnes, Gilchrist (my personal favourite), Nash. It really is the crop of Small Forwards.

Personally, I support the pick of Val or Bismack. Good young big men, are very scarse in today's NBA, and I believe Bismack can be a defensive force. I also believe that Jonas can be a very good two-way center. I look at his free-throw shooting, and I think that the potential for a very sound mid-range game is there. Couple that with his height and length, and what appears to be a body that will fill out very nicely and I think you've got a recipe for a Marc Gasol like center.

I understand what you're saying though. You're saying that Ellis wouldn't be a point guard per se, but rather would play there in order to give us scoring. My question would be, why wouldn't we just play him at the two where, in my opinion, he'd be much more effective, and would still give us that scoring punch that we'd need.
10DeRozan10 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote