Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Koreen: Will Triano be back?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 04:23 AM   #44 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Triano is A reason we're not good defensively imo. As for Triano being here for a while......if things don't change next season he's toast. Four season's, if we don't show some significant improvement on defense he SHOULD be gone for sure.

BTW, Iavaroni hasn't been here for a year. I know i keep saying it but i would see if there's any chance Lawrence Frank would come over as an assistant, then replace Jay once he's canned. lol
jeff, you keep mentioning Lawrence Frank as a replacement for Triano. I'm curious as to why you think he'd be good here?

Is it that the Nets went to the Finals twice under Scott and pretty much got progressively worse every year after Frank took over?

Is it his questionable rotations, lack of in-game adjustments, or the fact that he changed the offensive scheme three times in the five full years he was in New Jersey? As you know, all of the good coaches have their systems and stick to them - Jackson (Triangle), Sloan (pick and roll), D'Antoni (run and gun), etc.

Is it his late game execution? You know, where he just would run ISO's for Carter?

Is it the way he was criticized near the end of his tenure for not being able to effectively communicate with a young roster? Good thing we don't have a lot of young guys.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote