Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisholm: Who will the Raptors be looking for at the draft?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
I should've added coming into the NBA.
My position would be the same. Lawson and Collison (especially Lawson) shoot the ball well for PGs. But they shot very well in college, so it's not surprising that it translated to the NBA. My concern is that Kemba needs volume to sustain a decent percentage. I'm not sure that's the best fit for the Raps, even if Kemba turns out to be a respectable pro for another team, which I think he could be. That's why I didn't want to call him a chucker. He might be a solid player in a particular role. Maybe he turns into an awesome 6th man like Terry or Crawford. Who knows?

Quote:
IIRC Collison had pretty limited range coming out of UCLA. Maybe I'm wrong.
Both Collison and Lawson shot a high percentage from behind the arc. Collison shot over 40% from 3 for his college career, and that was on a significant amount of attempts.

It's really unfortunate the Raps didn't have a second first rounder in 2009. That draft was quite deep at PG, even outside the lottery. Jrue, Collison, Lawson - all of them are respectable players with their best ball ahead of them.
Bill Haverchuck is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote