Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - May 21, Judgement Day?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #117 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again, I'm not entirely sure what you're responding to, so I want to clarify something, although I'm NOT accusing you of anything.

Look at my full paragraph:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
People's well being might be damaged by having friends and relatives let go. The verdict is most certainly not in on that one. In principle, there might be an answer, but there is no consensus right now. So you have no business saying that science would tell us we are "better off."
I'm saying there might be an answer; it''s just that there is no consensus right now. All throughout history, there have been problems that science couldn't answer, but it eventually did. So, just because we can't answer it now, does not mean it won't be answerable.

Nobody should make generalizations about what science says to do with those people you described, but it might be able to help us better understand what types of actions improve our overall well being in particular contexts. And maybe there is more than one answer, depending on the context. But people definitely can't say science would tell us to ditch em'.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote