Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - At least we are smarter now... kind of...
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tommy C
is a free agent

Default At least we are smarter now... kind of...

So we got the 5th. I read all BS that people think it`s rigged and fixed, but this is not the issue.

1. So, BC signed an extension. I wasn`t a fan of his extension a few weeks ago, but based on the uncertainty that flies in the air I think it is a great move. Weak draft, 5th pick and the season is in jeopardy, I think it was a good idea. He will need to decide abt the head coach as well.

2. Now, when we have the 5th pick, I don`t think Bargs going anywhere. He can still score 20+ ppg and this team needs this. His salary is reasonable. Like it or not.

3. BC said the Raps is very close to have too many young players, which I tend to agree.

4. Amir Johnson or Ed Davis, or both. I don't think we will keep them both. the 4 spot is too jammed already, one has to go. Not to mention we may re-sign Reggie, and Bargs is more of a PF than a true C.

I have a feeling we may trade our pick. I wish we could get Al Jefferson from Utah, and team him up with Bargs.
I think BC has some big decisions to make, and the first one will be; if Kemba or Knight are still available at 5th, do we prefer them over Bayless, knowing we have Jose coming off the bench? I doubt so, I think the Raps staff believes Bayless can become a very good starting PG... Kanter is too risky, and there are rumors he has bad knees which BC won't bet on. (e.i Roy and LA in 2006).
The million $ question will be, are we gonna pick for ourselves or for another team when all set and done... Go BC, it's time to prove us you still have it. :cookie:

Last edited by Tommy C; 05-18-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote