Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - At least we are smarter now... kind of...
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tommy C
is a free agent

Representing:
Default At least we are smarter now... kind of...

So we got the 5th. I read all BS that people think it`s rigged and fixed, but this is not the issue.

1. So, BC signed an extension. I wasn`t a fan of his extension a few weeks ago, but based on the uncertainty that flies in the air I think it is a great move. Weak draft, 5th pick and the season is in jeopardy, I think it was a good idea. He will need to decide abt the head coach as well.

2. Now, when we have the 5th pick, I don`t think Bargs going anywhere. He can still score 20+ ppg and this team needs this. His salary is reasonable. Like it or not.

3. BC said the Raps is very close to have too many young players, which I tend to agree.

4. Amir Johnson or Ed Davis, or both. I don't think we will keep them both. the 4 spot is too jammed already, one has to go. Not to mention we may re-sign Reggie, and Bargs is more of a PF than a true C.

I have a feeling we may trade our pick. I wish we could get Al Jefferson from Utah, and team him up with Bargs.
I think BC has some big decisions to make, and the first one will be; if Kemba or Knight are still available at 5th, do we prefer them over Bayless, knowing we have Jose coming off the bench? I doubt so, I think the Raps staff believes Bayless can become a very good starting PG... Kanter is too risky, and there are rumors he has bad knees which BC won't bet on. (e.i Roy and LA in 2006).
The million $ question will be, are we gonna pick for ourselves or for another team when all set and done... Go BC, it's time to prove us you still have it.

Last edited by Tommy C; 05-17-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Tommy C is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote