Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - JO thinking of retiring
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:
Celtics JO thinking of retiring

Quote:
Jermaine O誰eal will be grabbing rebounds next year. The only question is if he値l be battling 7-footers as the Celtics [team stats] center or if he値l be chasing down the errant shots of his 4-year-old son, Jermaine Jr.

O誰eal wasn稚 prepared to make a decision about his future immediately after the Celtics were eliminated in the second round of the playoffs by the Miami Heat on Wednesday. But O誰eal indicated the desire to spend more time with his family he also has an 11-year-old daughter, Asjia makes retirement a possibility.

的 have a little boy that痴 a sponge right now and he痴 looking for more and more time from me, O誰eal said. 擢ifteen years (in the NBA), I知 32 years old. That痴 half my life.

典he most important thing for me right now is my family and my kids. Basketball has dominated so much of my life for so long that I have to really take an honest look. Now, every time I leave the house my son is asking when I知 coming back. When I call home, it痴, 糎hen am I coming back? My daughter has been forgiving of it, but it may be time. I don稚 know. I don稚 want to suffer when I知 45.

O誰eal has put his body through the ringer in 976 career games. Since entering the league out of high school in 1996, the six-time All Star has been plagued by injuries.

This season, O誰eal missed 58 games with left knee and left wrist injuries. He痴 confident he値l return to full health over the summer, but isn稚 sure he痴 ready for the grind of another season.

添our body tends to tell you what time it is, O誰eal said. 的 missed so much of this year, it would be inappropriate for me to even make a decision. Not when it痴 an emotional decision. I知 going to take a couple days off and stay on the program with our strength-and-conditioning guy and stick around Boston for another month and then gauge it after the month is over and see where the collective bargaining agreement is going.
Jermaine O’Neal’s future choice a family affair - BostonHerald.com
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote