Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NBA No Defense Team
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:
Arrow NBA No Defense Team

From Tim Kawakami of The Mercury News:

Quote:
* Andrea Bargnani, Toronto. Amazingly, Bargnani has never won NDPOY.

If Toronto dumps him this summer–as it should–maybe we’ll see Bargs tune it up on D in a better situation, or maybe we’ll see him forever prove that he should’ve won two or three NDPOY’s by now.

I’ll say this: I think Bargnani has been the league’s worst defensive player, play for play, over the last four seasons combined. There’s no bigger invisible man on help at the rim, period.

In the NDPOY race, Bargnani just always just gets beaten out by others in a single season–kind of like Dwyane Wade and the MVP, yes sir.

The Raptors were a horrendous defensive team again, they were at their worst with Bargnani on the floor again (116.3 points per 100 possessions, the highest total I could find among regulars, including Warriors and Cavalier players), and this is just who he is.

Stat snapshot: He plays center, yet Bargnani had 45 blocked shots this season; Wade, who is 8 inches shorter, had 87 blocks.
Quote:
* DeMar DeRozan, Toronto. He’s a lousy defensive player who theoretically could be a very good one, if he ever decides he’s interested in that. Through two seasons–thoroughly uninterested.

Sometimes the player gets sucked into the Raptor way. Sometimes the player’s laziness helps create the Raptor way. DeRozan’s right in the middle of that right now.
LINK - Mercury News
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote