Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Hoop fans in hockeyland
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
Maybe it's because i'm used to it.... maybe it's because i like hockey and other sports... maybe it's because my enthusiasm for the NBA has gone down a bit in general recently... but i have little sympathy for the dude that wrote that wrote that article and for those that complain about sports media coverage. OK maybe in Ottawa where that guy lives it's pretty bad, but here in Toronto i think this is pretty much a non issue.

But the main reason why i have little sympathy is because all the information anyone would possibly want about their favorite sport is all available on the internet. This great invention is pretty much my main source for keeping up with things that i am interested sports and otherwise in addition to actually watching the games on TV. Media is changing. Newspapers are becoming a dying form of communication. I don't even know the last time i had a newspaper in my apartment, but it has surely been years and I don't bother picking up free ones that they hand out on the street. I would tell that dude in ottawa that if he wanted to protest that newspaper company for their lack of basketball coverage then he should never buy or support them again. simple as that.

On the flip side i was visiting my parents a couple weeks ago and they still get the paper every weekend. The star. I looked through the sports page and i totally remember that every sport (baseball, Hockey playoffs, NBA playoffs and even Toronto FC soccer) was well covered with extra articles and everything. I found their coverage rather well balanced on that particular day.

anyways maybe it's worse in ottawa. i wouldn't know.

You're right. Ultimately you can find what you want out there. We have NBATV, Internet, I have satelite radio which has NBA stations, and recently I tuned into to TSN radio which oddly enough has a lot of NBA discussion and is way more balanced then the Fan590. IMO there's more basketball coverage now then ever before with everything available to us. Plus, there are bars out there that have no problem putting on an NBA game, some have them on automatically.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote