Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Perspective on the Raps going forward
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
forme123
"We were making progress, until Garnett [expletive] everything up"

Representing:

i like the drive and attitudes of all our young players and everything, but to suggest that we will be a 40 win roster with essentially the same core of players is just too much to ask imo....ya i expect big improvements from demar, eddy d, and johnson, but i think their is only so much room on a team for everyone to drastically improve at once, their is just not enough ball or time on court for all these aspiring youngsters to step their game up at once, especially without a solid leader (calderon isn't imo) or veteran scorer to take the pressure off them....

young teams throughout the history of the league have shown it takes time to become good, look at teams like sacremento for instance....ya they have a good young core, but they showed that their inexperience and lack of veteran leadership resulted in such a bad record....especially considering i think alot of people expected them to make a considerable jump up the standings (with the rise of evans, drafting of cousins, and improvements of casspi all expected to provide a boost), just as some of you are expecting raps to do so next season...

fact is it takes some time, in every sport even....too many factors and things that all need to be working perfectly for essentially the same core of team to double their win total in just one season (avoiding injuries, sudden improvements in consistency and maturity, etc).....

in other words, if the raps get 40 wins next season, itll be because of the combination of our draft pick and a solid free agent signing or two and/or trade (s)
forme123 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote