Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Perspective on the Raps going forward
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Scully
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayW View Post
Bargs is not a over valued asset, he is gettin paid 10 mil a year which IMO is not that bad what so ever, he is not a fit on this team and needs a change of destination, but to stay signing Bargs to a 5 year 10 million dollar contract is over valuing him then you have no idea what your talking about. We can all hate on Bargs which i find myself doing alot but to say he is not worth his contract is dumb. he is still a 20 ppg player and would be a good fit with lots of teams around the league with a desirable contract, he is just not a fit for toronto.
Your missing my point. 10 million is great for us to be paying Andrea, But as trade asset he is over valued. Because he is not worth the 10 million in assets we would get back ( I am making the assumption that our GM would be trading up for talent not just ditching a contract.) If you can give me one team that would be better off Bargs at their 4 or 5 let me know.

And Jeffb, How much is quite a bit of money? I would give you the off season to reconsider but I don't you are taking in to consideration how much salary has been shed by Eastern conference fence sitters. How Phil Jackson is already being rumored to take over the Knicks, if not this year the next. We are realistically going to lose 70% of our conference games. Not to mention the Raptors are running out a roster , who starting line up =/- is well below -1700 on the season.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote