Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Doc Rivers signs 5yr extension with Boston
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 02:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I can easily see Rondo being moved for the right price. I know I said this earlier about Westbrook, but I can see Boston going after Paul by dangling Rondo out there.

Yeah, Rondo's a good player (great?) but if you can add a Paul and still get something out of KG, you could conceivably extend KG's career.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them move Jeff Green either. See if there's a team willing to buy into his youth.
To get Paul, the Celts might have to give up Rondo and Green. A 2 for 1 deal could work.

IIRC, the league has some control over the moves New Orleans engages in. Paul won't be moved easily, since a number of owners could bitch if they feel the trade is too lopsided. But, if Paul makes it clear that he won't sign an extension, then I could see how the trade gets the green light. I think it takes more than just Rondo. Rondo + Green, or Rondo + filler contract + pick

On a related note, if he can't get Chris Paul or another top 5 player, then Ainge should NOT trade Rondo. It doesn't matter if Rondo is good or great. His contract offers good bang for your buck. It will make rebuilding/reloading much easier for the Celts, especially when several of the old guys' contracts come off the books.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote