Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - bosh as the x-factor? and always considered in a package with wade?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 01:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:
Default bosh as the x-factor? and always considered in a package with wade?

Chris Bosh in familiar role of X factor - Heat Index Blog - ESPN

the x-factor bit is a decent article, but wtf is with the bolded bit in the second part?

Quote:
MIAMI -- For a guy who's one of the quietest stars in the NBA, Chris Bosh certainly finds himself in the crosshairs of controversy and criticism quite frequently.

It's been that way all season.

Bosh wouldn't expect anything different entering the Eastern Conference finals, where he'll take his normal seat under the spotlight of scrutiny as the Miami Heat prepare for Game 1 against the Chicago Bulls on Sunday at the United Center.

“Bad games are going to happen,” Bosh said Saturday in trying to both justify and dismiss that career-worst, frigid 1-of-18 shooting performance from his last visit to the Windy City. “I can't point the finger at anything on that one. I just want to force myself to be more aggressive.”

With the Heat and Bulls each having distinct matchup advantages in the series, it's Bosh's presence -- or potential lack thereof -- at power forward that could prove to be pivohttp://www.raptorsforum.com/f/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=6tal in this showdown.

Before moving forward, let's quickly recap how we arrived at the place where Bosh became the key that could unlock the Heat's door to the NBA Finals. Here's a quick matchup breakdown:
Quote:
There's also a back story that adds intrigue to the Boozer-Bosh tale of the tape.

They entered free agency last summer as the two of the top power forwards on the open market. Boozer, who owns a home in Miami, where his children had been attending school, openly campaigned for consideration from the Heat.

Riley and the Heat were more enamored with Bosh, who shared an agent with Wade and was always considered part of a package deal. The Bulls also recruited Bosh, and Boozer didn't appreciate having his free agency essentially put on hold until Bosh made up his mind.

Bosh joined the Heat and Boozer was quickly snatched up by the Bulls.

So it created only more suspense when Boozer, asked about facing the Heat after the Bulls eliminated the Hawks, mentioned that Miami had two great players. It was widely viewed as a shot at Bosh as much as it was an offering of praise for Wade and James.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote