Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Are we set at SF?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
DocHoliday99
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Representing:

According to 82games, stat wise DD is better at SF than SG...not much but that move shouldn't be ignored. If the team had more depth at SG I think we would have seen DD at SF and Barbosa at SG starting together more. I would love to see Barbosa stay and I don't think he will get more than his 7.6mil option next year. That gives the Raps the option to go after a SG in a trade to back-up Barbosa if Williams is not there. At the very least, I'm thinking Barbosa might be a good trading chip if a trade is set-up to a team that he likes: and if I were in his position and wanted to go to a contender (who's probably over the cap anyways) I wouldn't pick-up my option till that were the case.

Someone also mentioned that we are over the cap and couldn't offer more than the MLE however that could change very quickly if the GM wanted to by releasing the rights to players not signed next year. Or even used as a trade and waive with another time wanting to get under the cap.

We have a number of options for the SF and definitely not set there as of yet. If the team wanted Williams and he's not there then the team could just slide DD to SF. I like JJ as a back-up whoever starts which IMO he is. JJ's energy and hustle is always great to have off the bench.

In the end, I still think a pg is a good choice to go after in the draft. There are a lot of options the team can do at the positions we need help with. If we draft a pg then then address the 2or3 (depending where DD plays) and 5. If we draft Williams for the SF then definitely the 5 and look at the 1.

Last edited by DocHoliday99; 05-13-2011 at 05:48 PM.
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote