Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Forbes: Bell or Rogers to buy MLSE for 2.25Bil
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
At the end of the day, Bell and Rogers have much to lose because their name will be tied to the hockey team (like it or not) and if it's evidenced that they're not willing to be competitive, then it could hit them in the pocket book pretty hard as their brand will be associated with being a loser.

My worry in any sale, is where do the 'smaller' enterprises stand (i.e. TFC and the Raptors?) Will they be forgotten about?

Also, a part of me wants to see Bell Canada win out here, simply because I despise Rogers.

Lastly, it wouldn't surprise me that whomever purchases this enterprise, I could, possibly envision the next purchase being an EPL team. Money to be made there, especially in Canada and considering they're all broadcasters, potential to control soccer rights as well.

The Raptors as a non playoff team makes 25-30Mil/yr, i can't see them ignoring that altogether. They were talking the other day on the radio about MLSE makes 100Mil a year roughly, 50Mil by the Leafs, 25Mil by the Raptors and the rest is everything else ...ie; Condos, FC etc.... IMO there is more room to maximize profits with the Raps/FC since the Leafs will make a lot of money no matter what. But ultimately it's in their best interest to have all three teams winning and making the playoffs.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote